Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rainbow skittles :)

Hello!

Here are some test swatches I did of some colors I haven't worn yet, that I thought I'd post.

These are taken outside in natural light:


These are taken outside but with flash to bring out the sparkle for the picture:



This is blurry but is to show the colors:



From left to right:

Orly's Rococo A-Go-Go: Gorgeous purple-red-brown duochrome, with gimmery mineral flex. This is gorgeous like its cousin Space Cadet.

Orly's Fantasea: A shimmery purple with a flash of pink. I am a little disappointed with this based on what it looked like in the bottle--it seemed to be more of a purple-dusty rose duochrome. But, once I get over it not being that, I love it for the color that it is.

Misa's Phazers on Stunning: OMG, this really truly IS stunning, and not just because I have a thing for duochromes. This is like a Monet water-lily-pond painting in a bottle. The colors morph from green to purple to grey, all through, all at once. Seriously, if you stood squinting at this painting so that all the colors blended into one another:


You'd see the same beautiful blend of colors that you see in Phazers on Stunning. It is absolutely one of my favorite colors, of all time.

China Glaze's Wagon Trail: The second picture is more representative of this color as it looks in decent lighting or better. It's a brown color with an olive-gold flash that gives it depth. It's unconventional and edgy, but in an unexpected way.

So there you have it. A few beautiful colors to hopefully add to your day. Thanks for looking!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!