Sunday, August 12, 2012

NOTD Before & After: Orly Rock-It (Or, Walk Like An Egyptian)

Hello everyone!

Today's before and after culminated in a design for my AIS Sunday challenge. This week's challenge was to layer two different stamps, and it gave me a chance to do something I've been wanting to do for a while. :)

First, I just recently got Orly's Rock-It (I know, I'm way behind the curve on this one), and had worn it for a day:

Orly Rock-It in the shade

Orly Rock-It in direct sun

If you don't already know, Orly Rock-It is a beautiful glass-flecked creation with red, purple, and orangy-gold in it. It has a strong duochrome effect in the bottle which shows up a little bit more subtly on the nail, but still definitely shows up. I have no idea why I didn't pick it up for so long, but I'm glad I finally did. :)

I love all things ancient Egyptian, and have been planning to use a couple of stamps I have to create an background-foreground Egyptian design. This seemed like as good a time as any, with the deep reddish-purple as a backdrop. Here's how it came out:


All the old paintings on the tombs

They do the sand dance

Don'tcha know
It's definitely bold and brash, but hey, so am I, so I love it. :) To make the mani, I stamped with Konad black polish using Bundle Monster plate BM-321 to make the background (which always reminds me of the lotus flower-like things on Egyptian tombs). Then, using China Glaze Passion, I stamped they Eye of Ra using Mash plate Mash-36. I covered it all up with a loving coat of Seche Vite, and was on my way!

I hope you like it and I hope you're enjoying your Sunday. I'm gonna watch some Olympics!

Thanks for looking,

M. :)

8 comments:

  1. I love your stamping, it looks so cool! Great job!

    I want to let you know that I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, you can get all the info here http://haleysnails.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-awar.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I just got nominated for this a couple of days ago, so what I'll do is add your link to my post about it. And thanks so much, that is so sweet and awesome of you to tag me!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!

      Delete
  2. No way!!!!
    This is so amazing!
    I <3 <3 <3 it.
    Loving the Eye Of Ra. This its possible to get just that one plate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think so, it's sold as a set. Do you have the Mash plates? There's one on there, too. :) And thank you! :)

      Delete
    2. No, dont have any mash plates.. Are they good?

      Delete
    3. They're really good, second only to Konad, and even then just barely different. I think the designs are nice too. I have a post and a video on them if you want to see them...:)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!