Thursday, August 30, 2012

NOTD Before & After: Pure Ice Super Star

Hello!!

Today I'm going to show you a manicure that started out a little iffy, and then got really cool, in my opinion!

I started off with Pure Ice's Super Star. It's a dark red jelly with a sprinkling of multi-color glitter in it. The glitter shows up more in real life; it looks a bit more like what you see in the bottle:



Pure Ice Super Star in the shade

Pure Ice Super Star in indirect sunlight
Among the different glitters are orange, blue and gold, and I was really drawn to the combination. So to decorate it, first I stamped using Bundle Monster plate 301, and China Glaze Passion (I feel like I'm stamping with this all the time these days--it's amazing!). I used just the tip of the stamped image, to get the dot-like spray portion. Then, using my dotting tool, I went over it and placed random dots of China Glaze Metallic Muse and Sinful Colors Serena & Chloe:





I'm really happy with how this came out. It picks up the glitter in the polish, but doesn't just blend in with it. it gives it sparkle and cheer without being too over-the-top. :)

Thanks for taking a look! Hope you liked it. :)

M.

9 comments:

  1. The color didn't really catch my attention at first, but after the nail art I do like this mani. It's brought it alive! Well done!=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was a little disappointed at first too, expected the glitter to be more over the top. And thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. You might also like the Pure Ice Spitfire, if you haven't tried it out already!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!