Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review: My picks from Misa's Fall 2012 Wanderlust collection

Hello everybody!

Today I'd like to show you the three polishes I purchased from Misa's Fall 2012 Wanderlust collection. Overall, I think the collection is cohesive and pretty, definitely with a fall vibe. There is supposed to be an infusion of exotic travel in it as well, and I do get a hint of that. But there were only a few colors in it that I needed...or that I maybe need...

Let's have a look!

Misa Without Knowing in the shade

Misa without knowing in partially direct light


First up is Misa Live Without Knowing; this is a pretty neutral dark taupe with gold glass flecks. This is the darker, older sister of China Glaze's Fast Track, so if you like the look of that polish but wish it were darker, you've come to the right place here. I personally love neutrals that have a kick like this, so this is a winner for me. :)



Misa Taking Chances in the shade

Misa Taking Chances in direct light


Misa Taking Chances: a beautiful muted pumpkin orange with gold glass flecks. I love this color and finish, perhaps more than I know...when I saw this on the TransDesign website, it didn't look highly familiar, but once I received it, it reminded me of something...Revlon Fig Jam. These may be dupes, so I will do a comparison of these two. 


Misa BreakAway in indirect light

Misa BreakAway in direct sun


And finally, Misa BreakAway: Dark purple with copper flecks. In the bottle, these flecks show up much more than on the nail; when worn the flecks are there but more subtly, and they seem to show up best in indoor light. This is another one that reminded me of something once I put it on...Zoya Tru. So this one also might be a dupe, and I'll do a comparison post for this, too. 


As always with Misa, the application on these was beautiful, no problems at all. In each picture I have two coats on, and the polishes covered fully no problem. I'm not wearing topcoat in the pictures. I do like the collection, but am worried if Misa is doing with dupes of other existing polishes. I'll report back!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

M.

(the products in this review were purchased with my own money.)

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love Without Knowing! It would be perfect for work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I love polishes like this that are subtle enough for work, but still have a little something special about them. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!