Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nails three ways: Literary Lacquers Generosity And Love + $1.87

Hello!!

Today's prompt in the 31 Day Challenge is 'gold'. When I saw it on the list, I knew I wanted to show you this series of pictures I took combining Literary Lacquers Generosity and $1.87 (One Dollar And Eighty-Seven Cents).

This glitter is designed to simulate coins, and so the 'gold' isn't necessarily technically gold. However, to my eye, it looks like an antiqued gold/copper, so I'm going with it. :)

When I reviewed these polishes a while back, Amy mentioned she likes Generosity and $1.87 together, and that she gets a lot of compliments on it. I can see why! I played around with it a bit, and ended up trying it out three different ways. In the first, I just did a light coat of glitter over Generosity:


One coat of $1.87 over Generosity

Next I tried a little bit heavier approach, and dabbed more on for fuller coverage:


Heavy dabbed coat look


I love the way this glitter looks at this angle :)

(I should mention that in the second shot, it looks like a few of the glitters might be curling. This is a trick of the light! All of the glitter behaved in a very lady-like fashion, and stayed very flat on my nails. :) )

Finally, because I've been jumping out into the world of glitter sandwiches, I couldn't resist putting another coat of Generosity over the top to see how it would look:


One coat of Generosity on top of $1.87




What do you think? Which is your favorite? Mine is definitely the glitter sandwich. I like how it gives just a bit of softness to the glitter, like a soft veil, but still lets the beauty of the glitter come through. :)

Also, I was just looking back over my posts for the past few days and noticed they've been very glitter heavy, and haven't had much stamping! I guess you can tell I've been having fun discovering the world of glitters...but I'll be returning more to my stamping roots again tomorrow. :)

Thanks for looking! And please check out the other gold manicures, linked below. :)

Xoxox,
M.

17 comments:

  1. i love it, its so pretty. My favorite was the last picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! All her polishes are really pretty...:)

      Delete
  2. Wow these are pretty together! I love it as a glitter sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was Amy's suggestion to try out the combination, so I really have to thank her. :)

      Delete
  3. The sandwich is best! I reminds me of wishing coins at the bottom of a fountain. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, that's a lovely way to describe it! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. Glitter is so much fun though! :-) I like the name of that polish too! I think my favorite is the middle mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it, lol! Don't worry, there will still be plenty of glitter. I've been playing around with using stamping and glitter together...0.0

      Delete
  5. The glitter sandwich is my fave look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glitter sandwich is my favorite, as well. I am partial to them, though. It gives all of my sheer polish new purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is soooo true. I had several polishes that I was annoyed about how sheer they were, then BING! Now I have reason to adore them. :)

      Delete
  7. The glitter sandwich is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!