Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Before & After: Cartoon Dynamite


Hello!

Today I have the next installment in my Cheeky twinpost challenge. This time we’re using the ‘BAM’ image from plate 47: 




Step one: I started with a base of Julie G Sugar Rush, from their new textured collection; I just received mine in the mail thanks to the Groupon deal, although I do have a sad tragic tale to tell with respect to them…But in the meantime, here is sugar rush:


Julie G Sugar Rush

Step two: I put a dot of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Red Carpet on a piece of plastic, and with a nail brush, I painted around the edges of the nails to create little explosion bubbles on the nail. I just used short strokes to draw blocks of color around the edges, and went back over it if I didn’t like the effect. As you can see, it got a little crazy, lol. I apologize that I forgot to take a picture of this step on its own. L

Step 3: With Sally Hansen Lightning, I stamped the ‘BAM’ image over the center of the nail, to look like it was in the middle of the ‘explosion’.

Finally, I topped everything with a coat of Seche Vite. Here’s how it came out:






I love how this came out, although if I did it again, I’d use a lighter base color, since the contrast between the red and the orange isn’t as noticeable as I’d like. I do like how the texture of the base gives it all a little bit more visual interest. :)

Thanks for taking a look! Don't forget to check out what Dina did with this image over at Secretary's Nail Art. :)

Love and hugs,
M.

5 comments:

  1. So lovely!! your nails are perfect!! New follower :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I love it :) Great polish to use with it.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!