Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Before & After: Jazz Age

Hello!

This week's time period in my Llama Nails group challenge is: The Roaring Twenties! This is beautifully well-timed with recent release of The Great Gatsby and my Jazz Age Julep kit. :)

I started off with a base of Julep Gabrielle, a smoked eggplant creme:


Julep Gabrielle


Julep Gabrielle

Then I did a simple flipped-accent nail stamp over the base, using Julep Zelda, a light frosted lilac, and Winstonia 111:


Doesn't this look like the ultimate flapper wear??




I love how well these colors go together, and they have such a great retro feel. I can completely see this on a gown some beautiful chicky would be wearing at a speakeasy!

(Sorry about the cuticles...I did this back when my cuticles were trying desperately to recover from my move...:( )

Thanks for looking! Please check out what the other Llama-ettes did, linked below. :)

Hugs and love,
M.

6 comments:

  1. Can totally picture this manicure inspired by a gown! Really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now, if I can just find that gown, lol...:)

      Delete
  2. That is one of my favorite stamping patterns of all time! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zelda is the perfect reference for the challenge too. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Julep did a great job with that theme. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!