Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Before & After: OMG, my undies are showing!

Hello!!

Today I have for you my third neon manicure, made for my Nail Challenge Collaborative monthly challenge. :)

I started with a base of Julep Nikki, which just came in my mystery box; it's a greenish-yellow that looks like someone put split-pea soup and a banana into a blender and turned it on high (do I get extra blogger points for coming up with the least appealing description of a polish, ever? I do actually like the color, not that you could tell from that). It dries to a wax finish, which I just love:


This one is color accurate but doesn't show the finish as well

This shows the finish best, but the color isn't as accurate

I had a plan for this and I executed it and...everything went wrong and it looked like a complete fail. I stared at it for awhile trying to find some way of rescuing it, and finally decided that it was better to abandon it and start with a clean slate. So this is not technically a before and after, because the swatch you see above didn't actually make it into the mani, lol.

Part of what I felt I'd done wrong was not put undies under the polish, which meant I had a bit less of the brightness than I wanted, so this time around I decided to put that white polish on under where it belonged. And then, as I was polishing I thought...well, since I have to put this stuff on anyway, why not let it show? Why not turn it into an 'omg-my-undies-are-showing' ruffian!

So I did. :)

This time I started with a base of Wet n Wild French White Creme, and then put Nikki over it. To finish off the look, I put on some of the awesome 3D nail art confetti that Mash sent me out for review a couple of weeks back (you can see my original review of it by clicking here). I chose some orange and some purple flowers to complement the neon and keep the colors bright and fun:






I love this challenge because it's moving me a bit out of my comfort zone--which is the whole point of doing challenges in the first place, isn't it? I'm actually starting to like these bright neon polishes--I wore this manicure for almost three full days. Crazy talk!!! :)

Thanks for taking a look, and please don't forget to check out the other neon manicures, linked below. :)

Hugs, love, and bright shiny flowers,
M.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This is the kind of cool, that only can be sported with that car in "The Great Gatsby", ya know ?

      Delete
    2. LOL! I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it's a beaut...:)

      Delete
  2. That is truly a mind-blowingly disgusting description. Your mani, however, is awesome and the white ruffian really highlights that yellow's beauty. Love the little flowers, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ::bows deeply:: That's right, words, watch out--I can beat you into a twisted pulp, lol! And thank you so much. The polish really is pretty, so I'm glad I was finally able to do something decent with it after struggling. :)

      Delete
  3. This is cute!~ Love the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek...panty lines! Good thinking, me likey. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun idea! I'm kind of 'ehh' with yellow polish, but this looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!