Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Favorites: Green!

Hello!!

I'm back with my next installment of my favorites, this time with my favorite greens. :)

I've decided to abandon any sort of distinction between this year and last year, etc., and just pick my top greens, period, end of story, done and dusted. It's just too hard to not include a polish I'm excited about just because I only discovered it recently. And that's the cool thing about having your own blog...you can shift the rules as needed! :)

So, let's get to it, my favorite greens:


Barielle Date Night:


This is my favorite Christmas green shimmer. Not just for Christmas, of course, but that rich, wintery green that makes me think of forests and glens. If you'd like to see some nail art using this polish, click here to see my snowy trees. :)


Barielle Polished Princess


A slightly blurry picture to show the spray of holographic glitter throughout, while preserving the color This is the sort of goldenish-green that makes me think of lush meadows on a spring day. Ths shimmer and the splash of glitter make it interesting and eye-catching, without being over-the-top.


Butter London Wallis


Ah, Wallis...my very first lemming. This polish was a lemming of mine before I even knew the polish term 'lemming'. I waited and waited for it to go on sale at Ulta, and then still only got it as a special gift for myself, 6 months after I started my blog and polish obsession. It was worth every penny and every day I waited. This stunning golden-green-black-flecked polish is like no other that I've seen, and it makes me think of some magical mossy bog in the Highlands of Scotland (which may be nothing like reality, since I've never been to Scotland--but I want to believe it looks like this). The formula on this polish hates me, and I don't care. Not at all. I love it with all my heart.

China Glaze Tree Hugger



A limey-margarita-y sort of vibrant green, this is shimmery summer grass in a bottle. Not only is it pretty in its own right, it's magic for nail art and stamping, and for me, that's a really big deal. I dropped my original bottle of this polish and it hit the edge of my garbage can and smashed--and I almost cried, because I didn't know if I could replace it. Luckily, I was able to. And I will never judge anyone for having back-up bottles of polish, ever. Some risks you just can't take. Here is some nail art using Tree Hugger as a base. :)

InDecisive Nail Lacquer Lush: 


Lush is a richly pigmented Kelley green with a soft spray of teeny silver glitter. This polish is just so...lush. Seriously, not trying to be funny, it is. It's lush and luxurious and smooth and rich and intense. Among other things, I think it's the perfect Irish-y green, so of course I had to do some nail art with it for St. Patrick's Day.


Maya Hex


Mmm, olive green. Maybe I love this color because it's he same color my eyes are in mid-range outdoor light, flecks and all. Nah--I love it because it's just plain beautiful. It's one of those cases of a polish that takes what might be considered an 'ugly' color by some, and makes it beautiful and elegant. I love my olives, and I haven't found one I like better than this. It's a very vintage sort of color, which is why I used it for this art nouveau nail art. :)


Models Own Golden Green



This one was on the verge of not being included because I think of it as a duochrome, and wasn't sure if it should be included in that bunch. It does shift from a deep gold to a dark green, and so technically is a duochrome. I love the particular olivey-golden greens in it, though, and had to include it here. I used it as the base in this Renaissance Christmas manicure.


Nina Ultra Pro Mossy Britches



Another border-line duochrome, although it's hard to see in the photo. A forest-olive with hints of golden brown, it changes color if you layer it--it's a chameleon, even going to a red-brown at times. Here it is in one of my all-time favorite manicures.


Orly Coachella Dweller



This is a newcomer to my collection, having just been released this spring. A light, soft avocado green creme, it's pretty and soothing. To loosely quote a commercial you might know...I don't often do pastels, but when I do, I do Orly Coachella Dweller. Here it is with a little nail art. :)


Ruby White Tips Lonesome Pine



I'm not even quite sure how to describe this one...it's not a frost, but it looks a bit like a frosty feel to it. It's a unique darker avocado green with teeny holographic glitter throughout. It looks gorgeous in all lights and has enough shine to keep the eye dancing.


Zoya Irene


 Irene is a gorgeous forest green with rich wisps of copper throughout. This is one of those polishes I can't stop looking at when I wear it. If you don't have it and you love green polish--get it. You won't be sorry. Here it is with a copper glitter accent nail.


Zoya Gemma




Gemma was one of the first polishes I bought when I began my journey into polish obsession, and she still blows my mind when I look at her. Who thinks to take an olive drap polish and give it a soft blurple flash? Who does that? I don't know, but I hope they got a raise for it. This polish is otherworldly and ethereal. It's like a cool breeze wafting through sheer curtains on a summer day. It's fairies and mystical creatures but also aliens and butterflies, all wrapped up into one. And if you think I'm going off about it, I absolutely gush about it in my original post about it here, along with some of my first freehand on it. This is another must-have if you love greens, in my opinion.

So there they are, my favorite greens so far in my polish explorations! I hope you saw something you liked, and if you have a favorite that didn't make it on here, please let me know about it so I can check it out! Let's work together in this enabling thing. :)

Peace, love and polish. :)
M.



14 comments:

  1. Great post!! The only one of these I own is Wallis...and oddly enough, it's the BL that plays nicest with me. I *love* Date Night and Lonesome Pine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think it's just me. So many people talk about how great the Butter London formula is, but all 4 I own hate me...I think it's a body chemistry thing. :) And thank you!

      Delete
  2. These are all so pretty! Wallis for sure would make my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There all lovely shades of green. I'll have to check some of them out since I don't own much greens in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I never expected, greens are my thing in nail polish. No idea why! I don't own a lot of anything else in green, but in polish, I love it. :)

      Delete
  4. Great choices :) . Out of these, I love Date Night, Polished Princess, Tree Hugger and Lonesome Prince

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I adore green polish! But I'm very fussy about it, hehe, I only wear dark/pine/forest/whatever(?) greens, like Barielle's Date night & alike.
    Only recently I came to accept lighter, pastel-y shades, as Orly's Coachella Dweller, in my life - and I'm loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm that way with my neutrals. Only very specific ones, but I'm starting to branch out more. :)

      Delete
  6. Gosh you make me want to go put on green polish RIGHT NOW! Love your picks, they are all gorgeous, and I love that you've got Barielles on your list (Polished Princess, lemming hello). Have you tried Myrza's Meadow? It's a creamy medium avocado with the same sparse holographic sparks that Polished Princess has. A b to apply but worth it.

    If you enjoy indie glitters, Candeo Colors makes a TDF deep olive green with golden shimmer and multi size and shape holo glitter called Poison Frog. So rich layered over a deep olive creme, or one of your beautiful duochromes here. Another green indie glitter that I love but is not one you'd wear everywhere is KBShimmer Toucan Touch This, saturated creamy brilliant chartreuse with glitter in bright party colors, including micro bars. The base for that one is almost identical in color to China Glaze Def Defying, which I also love, bless its glossy soul. Not a glitter but another indie green love of mine is Elevation Polish Xixabangma, medium dark rich murky olive with shy aqua shimmer.

    Another more mainstream green that seems right up your alley is Orly It's Not Rocket Science. A totally wow amazing olive green glass fleck with a chameleon's soul and the stage presence of a diva, sits on your nail like a queen in coronation robes.

    See now, you're not the only one who gets carried away by green. *grin* Gush /off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Myrza's Meadow! The only reason it didn't make the list is I keep forgetting to swatch it (bad blogger). It is soooooo gorgeous...

      Sounds like I need to check out that Poison Frog---I think I've heard of it before but I think it was another maker. Toucan Touch This sounds pretty too and has a hilarious name, lol. Have you seen Elevation Gobi?! I just got it this week, and it will definitely be on my next go-round of favorite greens. It's in my top 10 favorite polishes of all time--just gorgeous light green-brown holographic duochrome. I die.

      I don't think I've seen It's Not Rocket Science, I have to look for that one, too! Thanks for all of the tips!! I think green is highly underrated and more people need to embrace their inner green lover. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!