Saturday, July 27, 2013

Before & After: Lacy Petticoat

(All products in this post purchased by me.)

Hello!

I've been in a race today to get this manicure posted, so I will apologize up-front for the cat hair you may or may not find somewhere in the pictures today...>.>

Today is the next installment in the Cheeky twin post challenge I'm working on with Dina of Secretary's Nail Art, and we're on Cheeky 52--we chose the swirl image from this plate, and it's been one I've been looking forward to, 'cause I love my swirls!

I started with a base of Barielle Orange Parfait, a soft, coral-orange creme that goes almost to a melon color; this is two coats:


Barielle Orange Parfait, artificial sunlight


The formula on this wasn't great, but it wasn't too bad, either. The first coat was a little patchy, but it evened out nicely with the second coat.

Next I put on a coat of a fun glitter I recently got in a scratch 'n' dent, Nail'd It Plum Sassy, which is filled with purples, blues, and greens of all sorts, shapes and sizes! I thought this would make a pretty contrast against the soft orange.

Finally, I've been wanting to play around with masking off a portion of the nail for stamping, so I tried it out here. I masked off wedges on each nail, and stamped the image over them in white; on the accent nail, I edged the wedge in white nail tape:






What do you think? This reminds me of a pretty pleated skirt that when the folds separate, you see some hidden lace or a petticoat. I also wonder if it would look better with all of the nails taped off?

Thanks for looking, and don't forget to check out what Dina did with the image!

Hugs and love,
M.

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! I love it. And so completely different from what I did. :P
    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it best when that happens, that way the readers get two very different takes on the same mani! :)

      Delete
  2. Its such a pretty manicure! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!